skip to Main Content

If you don’t find the answer you are looking for below, please contact the Huron-Clinton Metroparks front desk at (810) 227-2757 or

Accepted Payment Methods

Cash, Check, or Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, and Discover)

Alcoholic Beverages

Beer and wine may only be consumed in picnic areas or areas designated by the Metroparks. Alcoholic beverages may be permitted in accordance with Rules & Regulations of the Michigan Liquor Control Commission and only in areas designated by the Metroparks. No person shall possess any alcoholic beverages in any park or park area during times when notice is posted of such closure.

Annual Permit Exchange Policy

The Metroparks will gladly exchange an annual permit for the following reasons:

  1. The windshield is to be replaced on your vehicle.
  2. You have purchased a new vehicle.

To exchange an annual permit, please:

  1. Write down the serial number which appears on the lower right hand corner of the permit
  2. Remove the entire permit from the windshield (making sure it includes the serial number)
  3. Bring the old permit to any Huron-Clinton Metropark toll booth or park office and you’ll be issued a new permit at no additional charge.

The sticker should pull off easily from your windshield; however, some stickers take a bit of “coaxing”. Hot, vinegar water applied with a sponge usually works well.


Camping is restricted to special areas and times or organized youth groups who have obtained written permission in advance of the camping period and who have paid the camping fee designated by the Metroparks. Camping is permitted only in those areas designated for that purpose by the Metroparks. Tents or shelters are not permitted in picnic areas without permission from the Metroparks.

More Info

Drone Policy

Launching, landing, or operating aircraft (e.g. hot air balloons, helicopter, seaplane, etc.) or unmanned aircraft (e.g. radio controlled airplanes, drones, sky lanterns, etc.) from or on the lands and waters administrated by the Huron-Clinton Metropolitan Authority is prohibited except in the case of an emergency or as approved in writing by the Director or designee. Violation of this rule is subject to ticketing or other actions.

Facility Rental

To learn more about Shelter and Venue reservations click here.

Group Rate Discounts on Vehicle Permits

Group rates will be discounted to the nearest dollar at 10% for fifty to one-thousand (50-1,000) permits, 20% for one-thousand-and one to ten-thousand (1,000-10,000) permits, and 35% for ten-thousand and one (10,001) or more permits.

Individuals, businesses that purchase annual permits through the group rate discount program are permitted to sell the annual permits at the group discount rate.  Permits cannot be sold at a higher rate than what was paid at the group discount rate. The group may distribute the permits at little or no charge. Permits may be given as gifts.

Off Road Vehicles

No person shall operate off-the-road, within the boundaries of any park, any motor-driven vehicle, including, by way of example but not by way of limitation, any minibike, motorcycle, dune mobile, snowmobile, converted snowmobile, all-terrain vehicle, amphibious vehicle, Segway, Hoverboard or similar motorized device.

Park Entry Fees

A Metropark Motor Vehicle Entry Permit gives you access to all 13 Huron-Clinton Metroparks. 2018 Vehicle Entry Permits are on sale now! Annual permits are valid from the time of purchase through December 31, 2018.

You can purchase them at toll booths, park offices, interpretive centers and online!

Annual Permits

  • Annual Vehicle Permit: $35
  • Annual Boat Permit: $35
  • Annual Vehicle/Boat Permit: $70 – This combination permit for vehicles and boats allows a vehicle with a boat trailer to enter the Metroparks.

Annual Permits Seniors (age 62+)

  • Annual Vehicle Permit: $21
  • Annual Boat Permit: $21
  • Annual Vehicle/Boat Permit: $42 – This combination permit for vehicles and boats allows a vehicle with a boat trailer to enter the Metroparks.

Joint Combination Vehicle Permit

  • $59 – This combination permit for vehicles allows entry into the Metroparks and Oakland County Parks.

Daily Fee

  • $10 per vehicle

Walkers, bicyclists, and inline skaters can enjoy free access to all Metroparks by entering through the park roads and hike/bike trails.

NOTE: Michigan’s Recreation Passport, purchased for your Michigan license plate, does not allow entry into the Metroparks. The Huron-Clinton Metroparks is a separate regional park system than the Michigan State Parks, and requires its own entry permit.

Senior Permits

Senior Permits (62+) require ID verification and can be purchased at any Metropark Toll Booth, Golf Course, Park Office or Interpretive Center.

Leaving Vehicles Overnight

Yes – First stop at the Park Office to get a permit, which enables the Park Police to know when you are expected to return.

Metal Detecting

Metal detecting is permitted in many, but not all, areas of the Metroparks. A permit is required (no cost) which can be picked up at the park office. Please check with individual parks to see where detecting is prohibited.

Contact Info

Metropark Maps

All Metropark maps can be viewed Here


Dogs and other pets are permitted in parks only when kept on a leash not over six feet in length and kept under the immediate control of a responsible person. They are not permitted in nature & farm areas, on beaches or in buildings. The owner will assume full responsibility for all pets. Guide dogs and assistance dogs are permitted in all areas. No person shall ride or lead any horse within the boundaries of any park, except in areas designated by the Metroparks and in possession of a Metroparks bridle tag.

Please contact the park ahead of time if you have questions.


Contact Info

Volunteer Opportunities

Click here to learn more about volunteering opportunities at the Huron-Clinton Metroparks.

Back To Top
×Close search