The Huron-Clinton Metroparks consist of 13 beautiful parks, covering over 25,000 acres throughout southeast Michigan, encompassing Livingston, Macomb, Oakland, Washtenaw, and Wayne counties.
- July 18 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm|Recurring Events (See all)
One event on July 25, 2018 at 10:00am
Designed to be educational and fun, this program allows kids the chance to work alongside our farmers taking care of animals. Each program includes a ...at Kensington Metropark
- July 18 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Have fun with the sun this summer. In this camp, we’ll discover why the sun is so important. We’ll construct a thermal tower, use a solar cover to...at Kensington Metropark
- July 18 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm|Recurring Events (See all)
One event on July 18, 2018 at 6:30pm
One event on July 25, 2018 at 6:30pm
Join us for square dance lessons. A variety of callers will be joining you on Wednesday evenings.at Lake St. Clair Metropark
- Nature Trails at Your Metroparks - The Metroparks hike/bike paths provide access to beautiful scenery and often lead to fine natural vistas. So why don’t we call these “nature” trails? Simply, in the eyes of wildlife, some areas have more nature than others.
- Remember, Never Feed the Animals - The Metroparks offers some unique opportunities to see wildlife! Viewing them up close can be a thrilling experience so you may be tempted to draw them as close as possible to yourself with food. But it is important to refrain from doing so. The top four reasons to resist that urge and keeping your distance are...
- Lake St. Clair Metropark Goose Management FAQ - The Metroparks has had a Canada Goose management program going back over a decade. Goose populations within our park have increased steadily, negatively impacting the water quality at the park and the experience of park patrons. Our Canada Goose management program is an effort to address both of these issues by discouraging geese from living in the recreation areas of the park, and encouraging geese to move to more natural areas both inside and outside of the park.
The Huron-Clinton Metroparks is a regional park system created in 1940 by the citizens of Southeast Michigan, providing excellent recreational and educational opportunities while serving as stewards of its natural resources.