The Huron-Clinton Metroparks consist of 13 beautiful parks, covering more than 25,000 acres throughout southeast Michigan, encompassing Livingston, Macomb, Oakland, Washtenaw and Wayne counties.
- November 22 - November 24
Join us for a 2.5 Mile, 4 Mile or 10 K Race. All distances are on wide and single track 100% DIRT trails. It will also have many rolling to steep hill...at Stony Creek Metropark
- November 23 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Join the growing movement to skip the shopping and spend Black Friday in nature. This interpreter-led hike will traverse the Woodland Trail. We will...at Indian Springs Metropark
- November 23 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
In winter, a variety of songbirds will take seeds from your hands. Learn about common winter birds inside and then take short walk along the nature tr...at Kensington Metropark
- Ford Fund supports Hawk & Owl Mew project - The Huron-Clinton Metroparks was awarded a $7500 grant from the Ford Motor Company Fund to construct three new raptor (hawk/owl) enclosures to replaces the two existing mews and offer room for an additional injured, non-releasable bird at Oakwoods Metropark Nature Center.
- Planning Department Updates - Based on public input gathered during the Stony Creek Metropark Master Plan, the Planning Department is overseeing the consultants who will create a conceptual design for improving the Shelden and Trolley trails.
- Howlin’ at the Moon presented by Genisys Credit Union and Kroger - Join us on Saturday, October 27 for a twilight trail adventure on the Shelden Trails at Stony Creek Metropark! Participants can choose from an Owl Prowl Hike, a 5K Fun Run, or a group mountain bike ride and then everyone is invited to stick around afterwards for refreshments, music, a bonfire and more!
The Huron-Clinton Metroparks is a regional park system created in 1940 by the citizens of Southeast Michigan, providing excellent recreational and educational opportunities while serving as stewards of its natural resources.