OUR BIG FAT FAMILY REUNION
We’ve all been living through the pandemic for a long time, and this summer we’re looking to reconnect! The Detroit Association of Black Organizations (dabo) has teamed up with the Metroparks to create an amazing day of family fun activities at Our Big Fat Family Reunion. It will be a great time for communities to come together – reunion style – and have some fun together in the park. Live DJs, bounce houses, yard games and all your favorite park activities will be there. You just need to bring your family, your food and your have-fun attitude.
- Hustle/Ballroom lessons
- Bid whist/spades tournament
- Live animals, guided hike and nature exploration activities with the Metroparks Interpretive staff
- Financial planning workshop powered by Comerica Bank
- Family tree workshop powered by Ancestry.com
- Children’s Creative Garden section with make and take projects
- 3 on 3 Basketball tournament hosted by The Derrick Jefferson Foundation and Sports on the Mark
Registration is open, and you want to register fast. In keeping with the traditional reunion style, the first 100 people to register will receive a free event t-shirt. You will pick it up at check-in and sizes will be available on a first-come-first-served basis. PLUS the first 100 people to register will also receive a free pool wrist band to get you into the Willow Pool that day!
If you’re too slow to make it into the first 100 registrants, you’ll have a second chance at a free t-shirt. An additional 100 shirts will be available on a first come-first served basis on the day of the event. Visit the check-in desk at the Willow Pool complex to see if there are any left.
- Ages: Fun for all ages!
- Time: 11 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Cost: Free! A Metroparks daily or annual pass is required to enter the park.
- Location: Willow Metropark, Pool Complex
Pre-registration is required by 4 p.m. the day before the program.