Accepted Payment Methods
Cash, Check, or Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, and Discover)
Annual Permit Exchange Policy
The Metroparks will gladly exchange an annual permit for the following reasons:
- The windshield is to be replaced on your vehicle.
- You have purchased a new vehicle.
To exchange an annual permit, please:
- Write down the serial number which appears on the lower right hand corner of the permit
- Remove the entire permit from the windshield (making sure it includes the serial number)
- Bring the old permit to any Huron-Clinton Metropark toll booth or park office and you’ll be issued a new permit at no additional charge.
The sticker should pull off easily from your windshield; however, some stickers take a bit of “coaxing”. Hot, vinegar water applied with a sponge usually works well.
Launching, landing, or operating aircraft (e.g. hot air balloons, helicopter, seaplane, etc.) or unmanned aircraft (e.g. radio controlled airplanes, drones, sky lanterns, etc.) from or on the lands and waters administrated by the Huron-Clinton Metropolitan Authority is prohibited except in the case of an emergency or as approved in writing by the Director or designee. Violation of this rule is subject to ticketing or other actions.
Group Rate Discounts on Vehicle Permits
Group rates will be discounted to the nearest dollar at 10% for fifty to one-thousand (50-1,000) permits, 20% for one-thousand-and one to ten-thousand (1,000-10,000) permits, and 35% for ten-thousand and one (10,001) or more permits.
Individuals, businesses that purchase annual permits through the group rate discount program are permitted to sell the annual permits at the group discount rate. Permits cannot be sold at a higher rate than what was paid at the group discount rate. The group may distribute the permits at little or no charge. Permits may be given as gifts.
Park Entry Fees
A Metropark Motor Vehicle Entry Permit gives you access to all 13 Huron-Clinton Metroparks. 2017 Vehicle Entry Permits are on sale now! Annual permits are valid from the time of purchase through December 31, 2017.
You can purchase them at toll booths, park offices, interpretive centers and online!
- Annual Vehicle Permit: $35
- Annual Boat Permit: $35
- Annual Vehicle/Boat Permit: $70 – This combination permit for vehicles and boats allows a vehicle with a boat trailer to enter the Metroparks.
Annual Permits Seniors (age 62+)
- Annual Vehicle Permit: $21
- Annual Boat Permit: $21
- Annual Vehicle/Boat Permit: $42 – This combination permit for vehicles and boats allows a vehicle with a boat trailer to enter the Metroparks.
Joint Combination Vehicle Permit
- $59 – This combination permit for vehicles allows entry into the Metroparks and Oakland County Parks.
- $10 per vehicle
Walkers, bicyclists, and inline skaters can enjoy free access to all Metroparks by entering through the park roads and hike/bike trails.
NOTE: Michigan’s Recreation Passport, purchased for your Michigan license plate, does not allow entry into the Metroparks. The Huron-Clinton Metroparks is a separate regional park system than the Michigan State Parks, and requires its own entry permit.
Metal detecting is permitted in many, but not all, areas of the Metroparks. A permit is required (no cost) which can be picked up at the park office. Please check with individual parks to see where detecting is prohibited.