What is the annual permit exchange policy?
Annual Permit Exchange Policy
The Metroparks will gladly exchange an annual permit for the following reasons:
- The windshield is to be replaced on your vehicle.
- You have purchased a new vehicle.
To exchange an annual permit, please:
- Write down the serial number which appears on the lower right hand corner of the permit
- Remove the entire permit from the windshield (making sure it includes the serial number)
- Bring the old permit to any Huron-Clinton Metropark toll booth or park office and you’ll be issued a new permit at no additional charge.
The sticker should pull off easily from your windshield; however, some stickers take a bit of “coaxing”. Hot, vinegar water applied with a sponge usually works well.
What are the park entry fees?
A Metropark Motor Vehicle Entry Permit gives you access to all 13 Huron-Clinton Metroparks. 2017 Vehicle Entry Permits are on sale now! Annual permits are valid from the time of purchase through December 31, 2017.
You can purchase them at toll booths, park offices, interpretive centers and online!
- Annual Vehicle Permit: $35
- Annual Boat Permit: $35
- Annual Vehicle/Boat Permit: $70 – This combination permit for vehicles and boats allows a vehicle with a boat trailer to enter the Metroparks.
Annual Permits Seniors (age 62+)
- Annual Vehicle Permit: $21
- Annual Boat Permit: $21
- Annual Vehicle/Boat Permit: $42 – This combination permit for vehicles and boats allows a vehicle with a boat trailer to enter the Metroparks.
Joint Combination Vehicle Permit
- $59 – This combination permit for vehicles allows entry into the Metroparks and Oakland County Parks.
- $10 per vehicle
Walkers, bicyclists, and inline skaters can enjoy free access to all Metroparks by entering through the park roads and hike/bike trails.
NOTE: Michigan’s Recreation Passport, purchased for your Michigan license plate, does not allow entry into the Metroparks. The Huron-Clinton Metroparks is a separate regional park system than the Michigan State Parks, and requires its own entry permit.
Where can I view park maps?
Facility map can be be downloaded on this page.
What methods of payment are accepted?
Cash, Check, or Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, and Discover)
What is the process to rent a facility/shelter?
Please call the number listed at the top of the following pages for questions and to begin the rental process.
Can I volunteer at the Metroparks?
Click here to learn more about volunteering opportunities at the Huron-Clinton Metroparks.
What is the Metroparks drone policy?
Launching, landing, or operating aircraft (e.g. hot air balloons, helicopter, seaplane, etc.) or unmanned aircraft (e.g. radio controlled airplanes, drones, sky lanterns, etc.) from or on the lands and waters administrated by the Huron-Clinton Metropolitan Authority is prohibited except in the case of an emergency or as approved in writing by the Director or designee. Violation of this rule is subject to ticketing or other actions.