Get your daily dose of fresh air by packing lunch and enjoying Dexter-Huron Metropark. Escape your routine and get rejuvenated by the peaceful sights and sounds of nature at this 122-acre site, just 7.5 miles northwest of Ann Arbor. Be soothed by the soft ripple of the gently flowing waters of the Huron River and the sanctuary of thick, rich woodlands. Observe vibrant, unique blossoms throughout the spring and summer which include harbinger-of-springs, false rue anemones, purple cresses, and trout lilies. This heavily wooded park offers shady picnic areas, swings, slides, a softball diamond, fishing, and convenient canoe launching. Come out and enjoy the day at Dexter-Huron Metropark.
A Metropark Motor Vehicle Entry Permit gives you access to all 13 Huron-Clinton Metroparks. 2018 Vehicle Entry Permits are on sale now! Annual permits are valid from the time of purchase through December 31, 2018.
You can purchase them at toll booths, park offices, interpretive centers and online!
- Annual Vehicle Permit: $35
- Annual Boat Permit: $35
- Annual Vehicle/Boat Permit: $70 – This combination permit for vehicles and boats allows a vehicle with a boat trailer to enter the Metroparks.
Annual Permits Seniors (age 62+)
- Annual Vehicle Permit: $21
- Annual Boat Permit: $21
- Annual Vehicle/Boat Permit: $42 – This combination permit for vehicles and boats allows a vehicle with a boat trailer to enter the Metroparks.
Joint Combination Vehicle Permit
- $59 – This combination permit for vehicles allows entry into the Metroparks and Oakland County Parks.
- $10 per vehicle
- $10 daily boat trailer fee
Walkers, bicyclists, and inline skaters can enjoy free access to all Metroparks by entering through the park roads and hike/bike trails.
NOTE: Michigan’s Recreation Passport, purchased for your Michigan license plate, does not allow entry into the Metroparks. The Huron-Clinton Metroparks is a separate regional park system than the Michigan State Parks, and requires its own entry permit.