Park Hours 7 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Great Wave Pool, Learn More
Marina, Learn More
Just a short drive from the city, behold three miles of captivating Lake Erie shoreline and sweeping vistas that you can only get with a Great Lake and great river at 1,607-acre Lake Erie Metropark. Follow the path of lake freighters moving up and down along the Detroit River against exceptional views of Sugar Island, Grosse Ile, and Celeron Island. Scan the sky of this popular bird-watching site, with more than 300 species recorded, and you just might spot a migrating broad-wing hawk or bald eagle flying above. This designated “Important Bird Area” is one of the premier hawk-watching sites in North America.
Plan on adding some recreational activity to your day with an 18-hole regulation golf course, the “Great Wave” swimming pool, Marshlands Museum and Nature Center, boat launches and a marina. Hike through miles of nature trails or kayak along coastal wetlands. In the winter, walk along a cleared 1.6-mile paved trail, cross-country ski along 4-miles of flat, groomed trails, or ice fish for perch. Smaller guests are never forgotten with a brand new children’s play area with slides, mini-rock wall, and swings. Experience the splendor of this Southeastern Michigan lakeshore treasure and make some of your best memories today.
A Metropark Motor Vehicle Entry Pass gives you access to all 13 Huron-Clinton Metroparks. 2020 Vehicle Entry Passes are on sale now! Annual permits are valid from the time of purchase through December 31, 2020.
You can purchase them at toll booths, park offices, interpretive centers and online!
- Annual Vehicle Pass: $40
- Annual Boat Pass: $35
- Annual Vehicle/Boat Pass: $75 – This combination permit for vehicles and boats allows a vehicle with a boat trailer to enter the Metroparks.
Annual Passes Seniors (age 62+)
- Annual Vehicle Pass: $29
- Annual Boat Pass: $24
- Annual Vehicle/Boat Pass: $53 – This combination permit for vehicles and boats allows a vehicle with a boat trailer to enter the Metroparks.
Joint Combination Vehicle Pass
- $59 – This combination permit for vehicles allows entry into the Metroparks and Oakland County Parks.
- $10 per vehicle
- $10 daily boat trailer fee
- Free park entry with a state-issued Disabled Veteran license plate. More Info
Walkers, bicyclists, and inline skaters can enjoy free access to all Metroparks by entering through the park roads and hike/bike trails.
NOTE: Michigan’s Recreation Passport, purchased for your Michigan license plate, does not allow entry into the Metroparks. The Huron-Clinton Metroparks is a separate regional park system than the Michigan State Parks, and requires its own entry permit.
- February 23 @ 2:00 pm
- February 29 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- March 7 @ 7:00 am - 9:00 am
- March 14 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
- March 15 @ 2:00 pm
- March 21 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
- March 22 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
- March 28 @ 10:00 am
- March 29 @ 2:00 pm
- March 30 @ 6:00 pm
- April 4 @ 7:00 am - 9:00 am
- April 4 @ 10:00 am
- April 4 @ 12:00 pm
- April 4 @ 2:00 pm
- April 5 @ 2:00 pm
- April 6 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
- April 7 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
- April 8 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
- April 9 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
- April 10 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
- April 11 @ 2:00 pm
- April 18 @ 10:00 am
- April 18 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- April 25 @ 10:00 am
- May 2 @ 7:00 am - 9:00 am