Park Hours 6 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Park Office 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Splash ‘n’ Blast, Learn More
Farmhouse Grille, Learn More
Saturday-Sunday 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
You don’t have to travel far to enjoy the best of Michigan’s great outdoors, with Kensington Metropark, one of the most popular parks in Michigan. Kensington’s 4,481 sprawling acres of wooded, hilly terrain surrounds beautiful Kent Lake and is home to an abundance of wildlife and waterfowl. Kensington Metropark offers a multitude of recreational activities throughout the year, from biking and boating to cross-country skiing and tobogganing. In addition to striking sunrises and sunsets, 1,200-acre Kent Lake offers plenty of fun activities: swim at Martindale or Maple beaches, get soaked at the Splash ‘n’ Blast, or just spend the day fishing, boating or picnicking along the water. Take a tour of the lake aboard the Island Queen II in the summer and fall. Or, enjoy a winter day ice fishing or skating on frozen lake waters.
This first-class recreational area also features an 18-hole regulation golf course, 27-hole disc course, nature center, farm center, beautiful picnic areas and scenic hiking and biking trails for hours of enjoyment. With two and a half million visitors every year Kensington Metropark is a favorite place to enjoy Michigan’s natural treasures.
A Metropark Motor Vehicle Entry Pass gives you access to all 13 Huron-Clinton Metroparks. 2020 Vehicle Entry Passes are on sale now! Annual permits are valid from the time of purchase through December 31, 2020.
You can purchase them at toll booths, park offices, interpretive centers and online!
- Annual Vehicle Pass: $40
- Annual Boat Pass: $35
- Annual Vehicle/Boat Pass: $75 – This combination permit for vehicles and boats allows a vehicle with a boat trailer to enter the Metroparks.
Annual Passes Seniors (age 62+)
- Annual Vehicle Pass: $29
- Annual Boat Pass: $24
- Annual Vehicle/Boat Pass: $53 – This combination permit for vehicles and boats allows a vehicle with a boat trailer to enter the Metroparks.
Joint Combination Vehicle Pass
- $59 – This combination permit for vehicles allows entry into the Metroparks and Oakland County Parks.
- $10 per vehicle
- $10 daily boat trailer fee
- Free park entry with a state-issued Disabled Veteran license plate. More Info
Walkers, bicyclists, and inline skaters can enjoy free access to all Metroparks by entering through the park roads and hike/bike trails.
NOTE: Michigan’s Recreation Passport, purchased for your Michigan license plate, does not allow entry into the Metroparks. The Huron-Clinton Metroparks is a separate regional park system than the Michigan State Parks, and requires its own entry permit.
- January 25 @ 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- January 25 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- January 26 @ 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- January 26 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
- January 31 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
- February 1 @ 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
- February 1 @ 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- February 2 @ 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- February 8 @ 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- February 8 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- February 8 @ 8:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- February 9 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
- February 9 @ 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- February 9 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
- February 15 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
- February 15 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- February 15 @ 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- February 16 @ 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- February 22 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
- February 22 @ 11:00 am - 2:30 pm
- February 22 @ 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- February 22 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- February 23 @ 11:00 am - 2:30 pm
- February 23 @ 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- February 23 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm