Park Hours 7 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Park Office 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Spray ‘n’ Play, Learn More
If you are looking for a quick getaway, a place where you can walk miles of trails among towering trees or discover what Southeastern Michigan used to look like, head for Indian Springs Metropark. Get an intimate look at the area’s native ecosystems at the Environmental Discovery Center, or hike trails meandering the headwaters of the Huron River, an area virtually untouched by human hands. Located nine miles northwest of Pontiac, the park encompasses more than 2,215 acres of wooded wetlands and rolling meadows. The diverse habitats provide a natural sanctuary for a wide range of wildlife. If you are lucky, you may spy a red fox running across the restored prairie land or even hear coyotes howling at trains passing nearby. Observe a captivating wildflower display from April through June.
Indian Springs Metropark also hosts a variety of recreation including an 18-hole regulation golf course, the Environmental Discovery Center with an underwater pond viewing room, a paved hike-bike trail, scenic picnic areas, volleyball, and horseshoe pits. In the summertime, kids can cool off at the Spray ’n’ Play spray grounds with the Adventure Maze, rock-climbing wall, and a playground. In the winter, cross-country ski nearly 12-miles of trails or bring your sled and try the hill in the Meadowlark Picnic Area.
The event room at Indian Springs Metropark’s Environmental Discovery Center is a stunning venue for your next party or banquet. Entertain guests in a beautiful, 200-capacity room overlooking a pond and open meadows.
A Metropark Motor Vehicle Entry Pass gives you access to all 13 Huron-Clinton Metroparks. 2020 Vehicle Entry Passes are on sale now! Annual permits are valid from the time of purchase through December 31, 2020.
You can purchase them at toll booths, park offices, interpretive centers and online!
- Annual Vehicle Pass: $40
- Annual Boat Pass: $35
- Annual Vehicle/Boat Pass: $75 – This combination permit for vehicles and boats allows a vehicle with a boat trailer to enter the Metroparks.
Annual Passes Seniors (age 62+)
- Annual Vehicle Pass: $29
- Annual Boat Pass: $24
- Annual Vehicle/Boat Pass: $53 – This combination permit for vehicles and boats allows a vehicle with a boat trailer to enter the Metroparks.
Joint Combination Vehicle Pass
- $59 – This combination permit for vehicles allows entry into the Metroparks and Oakland County Parks.
- $10 per vehicle
- $10 daily boat trailer fee
- Free park entry with a state-issued Disabled Veteran license plate. More Info
Walkers, bicyclists, and inline skaters can enjoy free access to all Metroparks by entering through the park roads and hike/bike trails.
NOTE: Michigan’s Recreation Passport, purchased for your Michigan license plate, does not allow entry into the Metroparks. The Huron-Clinton Metroparks is a separate regional park system than the Michigan State Parks, and requires its own entry permit.
White Lake,MI48386United States
- September 29 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
- September 30 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- October 2 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- October 2 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- October 6 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- October 6 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- October 13 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
- October 16 @ 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
- October 24 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- October 25 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- October 27 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
- October 30 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- November 24 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm