With a historic river meandering through its 1,549 acres, Hudson Mills Metropark is located on North Territorial Road, twelve miles northwest of Ann Arbor. The gentle rapids area is one of the river’s most picturesque spots, which is also frequented by bass anglers and picnickers. The park’s trails give easy access to the marriage of serene woods and waters.
Take advantage of an 18-hole, par-71 golf course and two 24-hole disc golf courses. Hudson Mills has a 3-mile loop paved hike-bike trail. In addition, the nearly five-mile West River Trail connects to the Hudson Mills loop, taking hikers and bikers on a journey which ends in downtown Dexter. Play a pick-up game of basketball or volleyball. Or, gather a team and head on out to our softball diamonds or soccer fields. Other amenities include three picnic shelters, swings, slides, a canoe camp, a group camp, children’s play area and shuffleboard courts. Groomed cross-country ski trails provide hours of outdoor fun throughout the winter. Enjoy natural and inviting Hudson Mills Metropark all throughout the year.
A Metropark Motor Vehicle Entry Pass gives you access to all 13 Huron-Clinton Metroparks. 2019 Vehicle Entry Passes are on sale now! Annual permits are valid from the time of purchase through December 31, 2019.
You can purchase them at toll booths, park offices, interpretive centers and online!
- Annual Vehicle Pass: $35
- Annual Boat Pass: $35
- Annual Vehicle/Boat Pass: $70 – This combination permit for vehicles and boats allows a vehicle with a boat trailer to enter the Metroparks.
Annual Passes Seniors (age 62+)
- Annual Vehicle Pass: $24
- Annual Boat Pass: $24
- Annual Vehicle/Boat Pass: $48 – This combination permit for vehicles and boats allows a vehicle with a boat trailer to enter the Metroparks.
Joint Combination Vehicle Pass
- $59 – This combination permit for vehicles allows entry into the Metroparks and Oakland County Parks.
- $10 per vehicle
- $10 daily boat trailer fee
- Free park entry with a state-issued Disabled Veteran license plate. More Info
Walkers, bicyclists, and inline skaters can enjoy free access to all Metroparks by entering through the park roads and hike/bike trails.
NOTE: Michigan’s Recreation Passport, purchased for your Michigan license plate, does not allow entry into the Metroparks. The Huron-Clinton Metroparks is a separate regional park system than the Michigan State Parks, and requires its own entry permit.