With a historic river meandering through its 1,549 acres, Hudson Mills Metropark is located on North Territorial Road, twelve miles northwest of Ann Arbor. The gentle rapids area is one of the river’s most picturesque spots, which is also frequented by bass anglers and picnickers. The park’s trails give easy access to the marriage of serene woods and waters.
Take advantage of an 18-hole, par-71 golf course and two 24-hole disc golf courses. Hudson Mills has a 3-mile loop paved hike-bike trail. In addition, the nearly five-mile West River Trail connects to the Hudson Mills loop, taking hikers and bikers on a journey which ends in downtown Dexter. Play a pick-up game of basketball or volleyball. Or, gather a team and head on out to our softball diamonds or soccer fields. Other amenities include three picnic shelters, swings, slides, a canoe camp, a group camp, children’s play area and shuffleboard courts. Groomed cross-country ski trails provide hours of outdoor fun throughout the winter. Enjoy natural and inviting Hudson Mills Metropark all throughout the year.
The Metroparks are committed to removing barriers, creating and improving access, and increasing recreation opportunities for all. As we look to the future, we will develop, update and improve facilities to meet or exceed ADA requirements, and look for ways to remove barriers to access so that individuals of all abilities have equitable access to Metroparks facilities, programs, services, and activities. In this section we have highlighted facilities and amenities that have been updated to improve access within this park. LEARN MORE
New accessible picnic tables and accessible grills are being added to several picnic shelters throughout the park system. Work will continue through the end of the year on the installation of new concrete grill pads and the securing of picnic tables in arrangements that allow for unobstructed movement around them. Updates to the picnic shelter rental information on our website are also being made. The information being added to the shelter pages focuses on accessible features at and around each shelter.
An accessible golf cart is available at the Hudson Mills Metropark golf course. Reservations can be made by calling the course, 734-426-0466, a minimum of 24 hours in advance.
A Metropark Motor Vehicle Entry Pass gives you access to all 13 Huron-Clinton Metroparks. 2021 Vehicle Entry Passes are on sale now! Annual passes are valid from the time of purchase through December 31, 2021.
Resident pricing is available for patrons living in Livingston, Macomb, Oakland, Washtenaw, and Wayne county.
- Resident Annual Vehicle Pass: $40
- Non-Resident Annual Vehicle Pass: $45
- Resident Annual Boat Pass: $35
- Non-Resident Annual Boat Pass: $40
- Resident Annual Vehicle/Boat Pass: $75 – This combination permit for vehicles and boats allows a vehicle with a boat trailer to enter the Metroparks.
- Non-Resident Annual Vehicle/Boat Pass: $80 – This combination permit for vehicles and boats allows a vehicle with a boat trailer to enter the Metroparks.
Annual Passes Seniors (age 62+)
- Resident Annual Vehicle Pass: $29
- Non-Resident Annual Vehicle Pass: $34
- Resident Annual Boat Pass: $24
- Non-Resident Annual Boat Pass: $29
- Resident Annual Vehicle/Boat Pass: $53 – This combination permit for vehicles and boats allows a vehicle with a boat trailer to enter the Metroparks.
- Non-Resident Annual Vehicle/Boat Pass: $58 – This combination permit for vehicles and boats allows a vehicle with a boat trailer to enter the Metroparks.
Joint Combination Vehicle Pass
- Oakland County/Metropark Annual Pass: $64 – This combination permit for vehicles allows entry into the Metroparks and Oakland County Parks.
- $10 per vehicle
- $10 daily boat trailer fee
- Free park entry with a state-issued Disabled Veteran license plate. More Info
Walkers, bicyclists, and inline skaters can enjoy free access to all Metroparks by entering through the park roads and hike/bike trails.
NOTE: Michigan’s Recreation Passport, purchased for your Michigan license plate, does not allow entry into the Metroparks. The Huron-Clinton Metroparks is a separate regional park system than the Michigan State Parks, and requires its own entry permit.
- February 27 @ 10:00 am - 10:30 am
- February 27 @ 11:00 am - 11:30 am
- February 27 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- March 6 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
- March 6 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
- March 7 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
- March 7 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
- March 13 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
- March 13 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
- March 14 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
- March 14 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
- March 20 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
- March 20 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
- March 21 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
- March 21 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
- March 27 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- March 27 @ 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm