Come celebrate Halloween with an afternoon full of fun for everyone at Lake St. Clair Metropark. Treats at the Beach is a fun spin on trunk or treating where kids of all ages can bring their treat bags to get filled with candy at different festive Halloween displays along the beach plaza and activity center. When kids are not busy yelling “trick-or-treat”, they can enjoy family-friendly activities including inflatables and bounce houses, face painting, hayrides, nature programs and other Halloween surprises. For those looking for a snack other than candy, there will be food available onsite at the park concessions!
Ages: Fun for all ages!
Time: 2 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Cost: Free! A Metroparks daily or annual vehicle pass is required to enter any Metropark.
Location: Lake St. Clair Metropark, Plaza & Activity Center
Are you interested in hosting a Halloween display and passing out candy? We would love to have you, your organization or business, or your family join us for all the fun! Display spaces consist of a reserved 12-ft by 12-ft cement area in the central plaza where you can set up a fun and festive display to pass out your treats. The top three decorated display spaces will win a voucher for a 2024 Annual Vehicle Pass! Please note full display space information:
- You must provide all materials and supplies to decorate your family-friendly 12-ft by 12-ft display space including tent, table, chairs, decorations, candy, and power.
- The use of confetti, glitter or silly string is not allowed.
- No power hook up will be available. You can bring small generators to power your display if needed.
- You must provide your own candy for approximately 1,000 treaters.
- Your display can have soft music or sounds.
- Sidewalk chalk is allowed in front of or inside your display space.
- Display space set up begins at 1 p.m. and must be completed by 2 p.m. when treaters arrive.
- All display materials and supplies must be brought in from the parking lot. No motorized vehicles will be allowed in the plaza. Volunteers and carts may be available to help with set up and teardown.
- After the event, please clean up your area and all decorations used. That includes disposing of all trash, wrappers, and other items on the ground.
- No selling of products or services will be allowed.
Are you interested in helping support the Treats at the Beach event but unable to attend the event? You can help out Lake St. Clair Metropark by providing a monetary or candy donation! Candy donations should be individually wrapped and unopened. Monetary donations will also be accepted to help with games, displays, candy, and prizes for this upcoming event.
Any monetary donations that are left over from this event will be put toward next year’s Lake St. Clair Metropark Halloween event. All leftover candy will be donated to a charitable organization.
All donations can be made at Lake St. Clair Metropark’s office anytime between 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. until Friday, October 20. A receipt will be provided at the time of donation.
If you have any questions, please give the park office a call at 586-463-4581.