- This event has passed.
Stand-Up Paddleboard Class for Adults
June 20 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Come enjoy an evening out on the water and learn the basic skills and safety of one of the fastest growing paddle sports. We’ll cover the basic techniques of forward stroke, reverse stroke, and turning on the stand-up paddleboard. Safety and self-rescue will be emphasized. All equipment is provided and included in program price. Meet at Kensington Metropark Maple Beach and come dressed for the water. Ages 17 and older.
- A confirmation message with additional camp details will be provided upon registration.
- Campers should dress for the weather, rain or shine, and in clothes that can get dirty or stained.
- Wear closed toe, durable shoes. Waterproof shoes are recommended.
- Bring a sack lunch and water bottle. Nut restrictions may apply. See confirmation letter after registration for details.
- A backpack, bug spray, and sunscreen are recommended.
- Early drop offs and late pick-ups are not permitted.
- A Metroparks vehicle permit is required for anyone dropping off or picking up your child. The fee for the permits are $10 Daily/ $35 Annual/ $24 Senior
- Preregistration and signed permission slip and waiver required.
- Excessive horseplay and/or dangerous behavior will not be permitted and campers that do not follow rules or instructions may be sent home.
- No refunds.
Time: 6 – 8 p.m.
Location: Kensington Metropark Maple Beach
A Metroparks vehicle entry permit is required to enter any Metropark and is only $35 annually for regular admission, $24 annually for seniors or $10 daily.