Nature Explorer’s Day Camp
July 16 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Kids, explore two different Metroparks at this four day camp. Hunt for insects, experience life underwater, dip in the pond with nets, explore the prairie, jump in the mud, meet Ranger the red-tailed hawk, visit the Spray ‘n’ Play water park and ride the Island Queen pontoon boat. These are just some of the activities in this fun-filled week. Spend the first two days at the Environmental Discovery Center at Indian Springs Metropark and end the week with two days at the Kensington Metropark Nature Center. Ages: 7 to 12
- A confirmation message with additional camp details will be provided upon registration.
- Campers should dress for the weather, rain or shine, and in clothes that can get dirty or stained.
- Wear closed toe, durable shoes. Waterproof shoes are recommended.
- Bring a sack lunch and water bottle. Nut restrictions may apply. See confirmation letter after registration for details.
- A backpack, bug spray, and sunscreen are recommended.
- Early drop offs and late pick-ups are not permitted.
- A Metroparks vehicle permit is required for anyone dropping off or picking up your child. The fee for the permits are $10 Daily/ $35 Annual/ $24 Senior
- Preregistration and signed permission slip and waiver required.
- Excessive horseplay and/or dangerous behavior will not be permitted and campers that do not follow rules or instructions may be sent home.
- No refunds.
Time: 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. – This is a 4 day camp 7/16 – 7/19
Location: Indian Springs Metropark Environmental Discovery Center
A Metroparks vehicle entry permit is required to enter any Metropark and is only $35 annually for regular admission, $24 annually for seniors or $10 daily.