April 2 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Farm Camp offers children a memorable experience and the opportunity to discover the wonders of life on the farm. Each day will offer a new adventure. The camp is very much hands-on and provides children with farm experiences that will leave a lasting impression. Campers will participate in daily farm chores as well as various organized activities. Planned activities may include: outdoor adventures like fishing, hikes (with goats!) and scavenger hunts; craft projects such as candle-dipping, pierced tin, and papier maché; pioneer life experiences like barn-raising, rope skills, or playing old-fashioned games; milking a cow or goat; or grooming and harnessing draft horses before going for a horse-drawn hayride. Ages: 8 – 13
- A confirmation message with additional camp details will be provided upon registration.
- Campers should dress for the weather, rain or shine, and in clothes that can get dirty or stained.
- Wear closed toe, durable shoes. Waterproof shoes are recommended.
- Bring a sack lunch and water bottle. Nut restrictions may apply. See confirmation letter after registration for details.
- A backpack, bug spray, and sunscreen are recommended.
- Early drop offs and late pick-ups are not permitted.
- A Metroparks vehicle permit is required for anyone dropping off or picking up your child. The fee for the permits are $10 Daily/ $35 Annual/ $24 Senior
- Preregistration and signed permission slip and waiver required.
- Excessive horseplay and/or dangerous behavior will not be permitted and campers that do not follow rules or instructions may be sent home.
- No refunds.
Time: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. – This is a 4-day camp: 4/2 – 4/5
Cost: $175 child
Location: Kensington Farm Center – Map Me
A Metroparks vehicle entry permit is required to enter any Metropark and is only $35 annually for regular admission, $24 annually for seniors or $10 daily.