- This event has passed.
Broomsticks & Hippogriffs Day Camp
July 31 @ 10:30 am - 3:00 pm
Under logs, in bogs, on trees or flying high with bees — Indian Springs Metropark is home to an array of beasts, but to see them one must first know where to look. Channel your inner Newt Scamander as we spend the day investigating the park high and low to find evidence of the magical beasts we can find in our own backyards. We will also be spending some time indoors for potions lessons and herbology, so be ready to get a little messy at this two-day camp. Ages: 10 and up
- A confirmation message with additional camp details will be provided upon registration.
- Campers should dress for the weather, rain or shine, and in clothes that can get dirty or stained.
- Wear closed toe, durable shoes. Waterproof shoes are recommended.
- Bring a sack lunch and water bottle. Nut restrictions may apply. See confirmation letter after registration for details.
- A backpack, bug spray, and sunscreen are recommended.
- Early drop offs and late pick-ups are not permitted.
- A Metroparks vehicle permit is required for anyone dropping off or picking up your child. The fee for the permits are $10 Daily/ $35 Annual/ $24 Senior
- Preregistration and signed permission slip and waiver required.
- Excessive horseplay and/or dangerous behavior will not be permitted and campers that do not follow rules or instructions may be sent home.
- No refunds.
Time: 10:30 a.m. – 3 p.m. – This is a 2-day camp 7/31 – 8/1
Location: Environmental Discovery Center – Map Me
A Metroparks vehicle entry permit is required to enter any Metropark and is only $35 annually for regular admission, $24 annually for seniors or $10 daily.