Birds Gone Ballistic Camp
July 31 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Spend the day discovering the four forces of flight through hands-on demonstrations. You’ll learn to love life, that drag’s not a drag, how to trust thrust, and how gravity makes planes sag. You will fly through history to discover how humans mimicked bird flight, visit our Red-tailed Hawk Ranger, and then blast home after a rocket demonstration. Ages 7 and up. Please bring a lunch.
- A confirmation message with additional camp details will be provided upon registration.
- Campers should dress for the weather, rain or shine, and in clothes that can get dirty or stained.
- Wear closed toe, durable shoes. Waterproof shoes are recommended.
- Bring a sack lunch and water bottle. Nut restrictions may apply. See confirmation letter after registration for details.
- A backpack, bug spray, and sunscreen are recommended.
- Early drop offs and late pick-ups are not permitted.
- A Metroparks vehicle permit is required for anyone dropping off or picking up your child. The fee for the permits are $10 Daily/ $35 Annual/ $24 Senior
- Preregistration and signed permission slip and waiver required.
- Excessive horseplay and/or dangerous behavior will not be permitted and campers that do not follow rules or instructions may be sent home.
- No refunds.
Time: 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Cost: $30 per camper
Location: Kensington Nature Center – Map Me
A Metroparks vehicle entry permit is required to enter any Metropark and is only $35 annually for regular admission, $24 annually for seniors or $10 daily.