- This event has passed.
Behind the Scenes Spring Break Camp
April 3 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
This drop-off mini-camp program will allow kids the chance to work alongside our nature center interpreters. Designed to be educational and fun, kids will go behind the scenes to meet all the nature center’s animals, including turtles, salamanders, snakes, and the red-tailed hawk, Ranger. They will learn more about properly keeping animals in captivity by performing hands-on tasks such as feeding and watering animals. They’ll also get outdoors to check the trails and work on wildlife identification skills. Ages: 7 and up
- A confirmation message with additional camp details will be provided upon registration.
- Campers should dress for the weather, rain or shine, and in clothes that can get dirty or stained.
- Wear closed toe, durable shoes. Waterproof shoes are recommended.
- Bring a sack lunch and water bottle. Nut restrictions may apply. See confirmation letter after registration for details.
- A backpack, bug spray, and sunscreen are recommended.
- Early drop offs and late pick-ups are not permitted.
- A Metropark vehicle permit is required for anyone dropping off or picking up your child. The fee for the permits are $10 Daily/ $35 Annual/ $24 Senior
- Preregistration and signed permission slip and waiver required.
- Excessive horseplay and/or dangerous behavior will not be permitted and campers that do not follow rules or instructions may be sent home.
- No refunds.
Time: 10 a.m. – Noon
Location: Kensington Nature Center – Map Me
A Metroparks vehicle entry permit is required to enter any Metropark and is only $35 annually for regular admission, $24 annually for seniors or $10 daily.