The Planning and Development department supports the responsible improvements of the Metroparks with the focus of expanding and strengthening the assets within the three main mission pillars of recreation, education, and stewardship of our natural resources.
With staff experienced in the fields of urban/regional planning, landscape architecture, grant writing, and volunteer management, the Planning and Development Department coordinates initiatives, including:
- Data collection and analysis
- Property research
- Park master planning
- Facility site planning
- Park system recreation planning
- Signage updates
- Garnering grant support from private and public entities
- Engaging volunteer services from corporations, organizations, and individuals
- Expanding public engagement and partnerships
The Border-to-Border Trail: Huron River Drive D2 Segment pathway project beginning at the Dexter-Huron Metropark and ending at the intersection of Zeeb Road and Huron River Drive will begin work this month and expected to be completed in late November.
The official project web page can be found on the Washtenaw County Road Commission (WCRC) web link below. Project information and latest updates can be found here from the WCRC in partnership with the Washtenaw County Parks & Recreation Commission and Huron Waterloo Pathway Initiative (HWPI).
Public Input Opportunities
The Huron-Clinton Metroparks is creating an interpretive master plan for Wolcott Mill Metropark Farm and Historic Centers and we want to hear from you! At this public meeting we will share ideas for potential future programs and events and ask for input from YOU – the visitors and partners.
Join us on Saturday, July 20th to provide your feedback, input, and ideas to help create our final plan. Everyone is welcome – even if you have never been to Wolcott Mill Metropark!
You don’t have to wait until that day to share your thoughts with us. If you want to share input before the meeting (or if you aren’t able to attend the meeting), please complete our brief online survey by clicking here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PJT8XJC or visit the Historic or Farm Center and complete the paper version of the survey.
Planning Documents for Public Review
- Present and Future Sustainability Action [PDF]
- Shelden Trails Concept Plan [PDF]
- Shelden Trails Field Design Report [PDF]
- Stony Creek Metropark Master Plan [PDF] – August 2016
- Wolcott Mill Metropark Master Plan [PDF] – October 2016
- Lower Huron Metropark Master Plan [PDF] – December 2016
- Kensington Metropark Master Plan [PDF] – February 2017
- Lake St. Clair Metropark Master Plan [PDF] – August 2017
- Hudson Mills Metropark Master Plan [PDF] – September 2017
- Indian Springs Metropark Master Plan [PDF] – January 2018
- Lake Erie Metropark Master Plan [PDF] – February 2018
- Willow & Oakwoods Metropark Master Plan [PDF] – June 2018
- Huron Meadows Metropark Master Plan [PDF] – August 2018
- Delhi & Dexter-Huron Metropark Master Plan [PDF] – October 2018
Huron-Clinton Metroparks Community Recreation Plan 2018-2022
- Cover Page and Table of Contents
- 1. Executive Summary
- 2. Introduction
- 3. Community Description
- 4. Administrative Structure
- 5. Recreation Inventory
- 6. Planning Process
- 7. Goals and Objectives
- 8. Action Program
- 9. Appendices