The Huron-Clinton Metroparks are thrilled to announce the newest addition to their summer fun lineup. It’s called Summer Fun at the Metroparks, and it’s going to be big! Metroparks staff members want to help community members, who don’t typically have easy park access, the chance to get out and play. On 24 different days throughout the summer, Metroparks will send four buses to designated meeting spots in Wayne, Oakland, Macomb, Washtenaw, and Livingston counties. There, approximately 200 people will hop on and be transported to one of the 13 Metroparks. At 200 people per day for 24 days, approximately 4,800 metro southeast Michigan residents will have the chance to explore and enjoy one of our fabulous parks. Youth and families will be able to enjoy the beaches, nature trails, and splash parks. Seniors can play a round of golf, enjoy yoga on the beach, or stroll on a walking path.
- Stony Creek (June 30, July 14, July 29, August 10)
- Hudson Mills (July 1, July 6, July 28, August 5)
- Lake Erie (July 5, July 15, August 1, August 12)
- Lake St. Clair (July 7, July 26, August 3, August 9)
- Lower Huron (July 8, July 27, August 4, August 11)
- Kensington (July 12, July 25, August 2, August 8)
Summer fun is now full!
Each volunteer day will be from 8:00a-3:30pm, and up to 40 volunteers are needed each date. Volunteers will help with assisting staff in education and recreation activities, hospitality needs such as serving snacks and lunch, as well as other event support as needed to create a positive experience for the participants. Groups and individuals are welcome!
- Stony Creek (June 30, July 14, July 29, August 10): Click Here
- Hudson Mills (July 1, July 6, July 28, August 5): Click Here
- Lake Erie (July 5, July 15, August 1, August 12): Click here
- Lake St. Clair (July 7, July 26, August 3, August 9): Click Here
- Lower Huron (July 8, July 27, August 4, August 11): Click Here
- Kensington (July 12, July 25, August 2, August 8): Click Here