Notice: Access to the Kent Lake boat ramp from the East Boat Launch is closed for repairs until the spring. The West Boat Launch ramps will be open and available.
All park facility conditions are subject to change. During periods of inclement weather, our maintenance department’s first priority is to work on clearing the roadways, parking lots and then sidewalks. Once the above goals have been met, they will begin to work on other areas. Thank you for your patience and understanding as your safety is our first priority.
Call the Park Office at (810) 227-8910 for the latest park conditions.
|Park||Open||6 a.m. – 10 p.m.|
|Hike-Bike Trails||Open||6 a.m. – 10 p.m.|
|Cross-Country Ski Trails||Open|
|Cross-Country Ski Rental|
(Golf Course Building)
|Call: (810) 227-8910||Weekends & Holidays: 10 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.|
|Ice Skating||Call: (810) 227-8910|
|Sledding||Call: (810) 227-8910||Weekdays: 11 a.m. – dusk|
Weekends: 10 a.m. – dusk
Refer to the Activities section of the Kensington Metropark webpage for additional information on the activities and facilities listed above.
- Report any injuries to the Park Police or the Park Office.
- Pets (unless they are a guide or assistance dogs) are prohibited at the Nature Center, Nature Center Trails, Farm Center, horse trails, sandy portions of the beaches, swimming areas, and aboard the Island Queen.
- Skiing, running, and biking is prohibited on the Nature Center trails.
- Cross country ski trails, Nature Center trails, Black Locust Disc Golf Course and horse trails are not lit.
- During periods of snow cover, riding is only permitted on the portion of the trail from the Staging Area to the Milford Road entrance and then along the East Trail to the expressway. The west trails are closed for cross country skiing. The trails are CLOSED during periods of ground thaw.
- Snowmobiles are prohibited.
- No pets or snowshoeing allowed on cross-country ski trails. Snowshoeing is permitted on the Nature Center Trails and in most picnic areas.
- Do not leave any of your equipment unattended.
- Please park in parking lots for winter activities.