All park facility conditions are subject to change. During periods of inclement weather, our maintenance department’s first priority is to work on clearing the roadways, parking lots and then sidewalks. Once the above goals have been met, they will begin to work on other areas. Thank you for your patience and understanding as your safety is our first priority. Call the Park Office at (810) 227-8910 for the latest park conditions.
|Boat Rental||Closed.||Note: Last rental of the day occurs 1 hour prior to closing. Boat rentals may be suspended during periods of high winds for the safety of our guests. May 25 thru Aug 25 • 7 a.m. – 8 p.m Aug 31 thru Sept 2 • 7 a.m. – 8 p.m. Sept 7 thru Sept 15 • (Weekends Only, Weather Permitting) • 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. Sept 21 thru Sept 29 • (Weekends Only, Weather Permitting) • 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.|
|Disc Golf Course ‘The Black Locust’||Open||Daily: 6 a.m. – 10 p.m.|
|Farm Center||Open||Daily: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.|
|Golf Course||Open||Dawn – Dusk|
|Hayrides (Public Rides)||Public rides are open weekends only.||Saturdays & Sundays: Noon – 4 p.m.|
|Hike-Bike Trail||Open||Daily: 6 a.m. – 10 p.m.|
|Horse Trails||Open||Daily: 6 a.m. – 10 p.m.|
|Island Queen (Public Rides)||Closed||May 25 – Sept 2: Daily Sept 7 – Oct 12: Weekends Only, weather permitting.|
|Martindale Beach||Closed||10 a.m. – 8 p.m.|
|Nature Center||Open||Mondays: 1 p.m. – 5 p.m. Tues thru Sun: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.|
|Nature Center Trails||Open||Daily: 6 a.m. – 10 p.m.|
|Splash ‘n’ Blast||Closed||May 25 – Sept 2: Daily, 11 am – 7 pm|
|Ski Rental||Closed||Weekends/Holidays 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., with the last rental at 4:30 p.m. (weather permitting)|
Refer to the Activities section of the Kensington Metropark webpage for additional information on the activities and facilities listed above. Report any injuries to the Park Police or the Park Office.
- Pets (unless they are a guide or assistance dogs) are prohibited at the Nature Center, Nature Center Trails, Farm Center, horse trails, sandy portions of the beaches, swimming areas, and aboard the Island Queen.
- Skiing, running, and biking is prohibited on the Nature Center trails.
- Cross country ski trails, Nature Center trails, Black Locust Disc Golf Course and horse trails are not lit.
- During periods of snow cover, riding is only permitted on the portion of the trail from the Staging Area to the Milford Road entrance and then along the East Trail to the expressway. The west trails are closed for cross country skiing. The trails are CLOSED during periods of ground thaw.
- Snowmobiles are prohibited.
- No pets or snowshoeing allowed on cross-country ski trails. Snowshoeing is permitted on the Nature Center Trails and in most picnic areas.
- Do not leave any of your equipment unattended.
- Please park in parking lots for winter activities.