The Metroparks provide many opportunities for you to share information about your products and services while showcasing your support for underserved populations, environmental literacy, and healthy lifestyles.
Summer Fun at the Metroparks
Summer Fun at the Metroparks is an entirely free day of recreation and educational activities for youth and senior citizens of Southeast Michigan. Our goals are to offer park services to groups who may not have easy access to the Metroparks, to bring people together to build environmental literacy, promote healthy lifestyles, and encourage everyone to Get Out and Play.
Where and When:
Six different Metroparks will each host four program days from June through August 2017 for a total of 24 Summer Fun days.
- June 20-23, 2017: Lake St. Clair Metropark, Harrison Township
- July 11-14, 2017: Stony Creek Metropark, Shelby Township
- July 18-21, 2017: Lake Erie Metropark, Brownstown
- July 25-28, 2017: Lower Huron Metropark, Belleville
- August 1-4, 2017: Hudson Mills Metropark, Dexter
- August 8-11, 2017: Kensington Metropark, Milford
Youth and senior citizens across Southeast Michigan. A maximum of 250 individuals per day will attend for a total of 6,000 possible participants. Each Metropark hosting the event will remain open to the public during Summer Fun so regular park visitation is present throughout the day.
Michigan Philharmonic at the Metroparks is a spectacular outdoor event where visitors can enjoy the wonderful sounds of talented musicians while enjoying the beauty of the Metroparks. Our natural, scenic views married with the beautiful music of the Michigan Philharmonic is the symphony for your senses.
Where and When:
Four Metroparks will each host the Michigan Philharmonic in 2017.
- July 15, 2017 – Kensington Metropark, Milford
- July 22, 2017 – Lake St. Clair Metropark, Harrison Township
- July 29, 2017 – Stony Creek Metropark, Shelby Township
- August 5, 2017 – Lake Erie Metropark, Brownstown
The Metroparks welcomes visitors of all ages, uniting urban and suburban residents through outdoor enjoyment. Thousands of southeast Michigan residents gather each evening for the annual Michigan Philharmonic at the Metroparks to listen to the music surrounded by the natural beauty oasis.