Free Field Trips for Public Schools
The Huron-Clinton Metroparks is excited to partner with the Four County Community Foundation by receiving a “Experiential Learning Outdoors” grant. This grant provides funding for a FREE student field trip with transportation for schools in Almont, Armada, Capac, Dryden, Imlay City, Lake Orion, Richmond, Romeo or Oxford.
Student-focused Field Trips include:
- Bus transportation to and from the park
- Curriculum based program at the interpretive center
- Access to the park for the day at Stony Creek Metropark in Shelby Township, MI or at Wolcott Mill Metropark in Ray Township, MI.
The process to register for a field trip is simple:
- Consult the downloadable flyer to view the details and requirements.
- Pick a program from the school program guide.
- Call Stony Creek Metropark Nature Center at (586) 781-9113 or Wolcott Mill Metropark Farm Center at (586) 752-5932.
- Join us for a fun, FREE field trip!
NOTE: Please reference the Four County Community Foundation’s “Experiential Learning Outdoors” grant when calling or emailing.
Field trips are available throughout the 2018-2019 school year; however, our funding is limited, so sign-ups are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
Funded by a grant from the Four County Community Foundation
Technology Enhanced Nature (TENS) Study at the Metroparks and Your School!
FREE Ecosystem Studies Fieldtrips For Metro Detroit Schools sponsored by 3M
The Huron-Clinton Metroparks is now seeking applicants for the Technology Enhanced Nature Study [TENS] for the 2018-2019 school year.
The TENS program provides free field trips to our park for middle school students in southeast Michigan. Classes are guided from start to finish over the course of multiple visits through a scientific investigation. They experience nature firsthand as scientists both in their own local schoolyards and at a nearby Metropark and then present their findings to their peers at the year-end symposium.
To apply for a TENS 3M Field Trip Scholarship:
- Consult the below downloadable flyer to view the details and requirements.
- Download and complete the TENS Program Application – Download [PDF]
- Contact Jill Martin at (248) 625-7280, or email email@example.com
NOTE: Please reference the 3M TENS program when calling or emailing.
Grant Opportunity – Wheels to Woods
Wheels to Woods provides funding to PreK-12 schools and other youth groups to pay for transportation costs for an educational field trip to a nearby forest or forest products company. Any PreK-12 school in Michigan is eligible to apply for funds to go on a field trip to a school forest, private forest, public forest or forest products company. Wheels to Woods reimburses actual transportation costs up to $350 per bus and $1,000 per school. Applications can be submitted anytime to admin@WheelsToWoods.org.