Stomp Out Sepsis 5K
September 10 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
The Stomp Out Sepsis Rochester 5K is part of the statewide Sepsis Challenge series, a sepsis awareness initiative in Michigan. It is a joint effort by Sepsis Alliance, and volunteer nurses from area health systems. Stomp Out Sepsis is held in memory of Renato Brancaleoni, who passed away from sepsis in 2015. The goal is to raise sepsis awareness in the community and to raise funds to benefit Sepsis Alliance.
This year’s Honorary Event Chair is Dr. Emanuel Rivers, an emergency medicine physician from Henry Ford Hospital. In 2001 Dr. Rivers pioneered research proving the short and long term benefits of early goal-directed therapy in the treatment of severe sepsis and septic shock.
- Registration is $30 through August 10 and includes your choice of a Stomp Out Sepsis t-shirt or sepsis super hero cape
- Registration is $35 August 11 through August 25 and includes your choice of a Stomp Out Sepsis t-shirt or sepsis super hero cape
- Registration is $35 August 26 through September 8 and includes a sepsis super hero cape
- Registration is $40 on September 10 and includes a sepsis super hero cape
- Day of registration and check-in will open at 9 a.m.
- Light breakfast will be provided by Edwards Lifesciences beginning at 9 a.m.
- The 5K will begin at 10 a.m. at Eastwood Beach
- Following the 5K we will have a small barbecue
- Special musical performance by Docter Detroit!
You can participate as an individual, or create a fundraising team to raise awareness and funds together!
Time: 10 a.m.
Location: Eastwood Beach
A Metroparks vehicle entry permit is required to enter any Metropark and is only $35 annually for regular admission, $21 annually for seniors or $10 daily.