With staff experienced in the fields of urban/regional planning and landscape architecture, the Planning Department coordinates initiatives to promote the responsible development of the Metroparks, including:
- Data collection and analysis
- Property research
- Park master planning
- Facility site planning
- Park system recreation planning
- Signage updates
Public Input Opportunities
Please take a few minutes to fill out the following questionnaires concerning your Metroparks. Your responses will help us improve the quality of our parks and introduce new ideas for future developments.
Planning Documents for Public Review
- Kensington Master Plan [PDF] – Draft, January 2017
- To submit comments, contact Nina.Kelly@metroparks.com.
Approved Planning Documents
- Stony Creek Master Plan [PDF] – August 2016
- Wolcott Mill Master Plan [PDF] – October 2016
- Lower Huron Master Plan [PDF] – December 2016